Went to Ro's last weekend and we had a bit of a play with some scrummy Wensleydale that she'd bought at Woolfest. We wanted to wash it so that the structure of the locks was preserved so we set up a couple of bowls of hot water, one with washing liquid and one for rinsing and washed it lock by lock and laid it out on a towel.
When it was dry I showed her how to flick card it on one of her carders and we laid it out in a box so she can spin it worsted style.
This is it in it's finished state. Aint it lovely?
On the knitting front I've completed my latest pair of "left overs" socks. I decided that there was no way I was going to manage to match the stripes up on them as I'd pretty much just changed shades at random so I decided to go for a completely asymmetric look instead. I quite like them.
I'm really into knitting my socks toe up now. So much so that I've started knitting the tilting cable socks from Interweave knits but I've adapted the pattern to toe up. Seems to be working out okay so far and I got lots done last night as we had a co-op meeting which I knitted through. I'm enjoying the actual knitting but I dunno that I'm particularly thrilled with the finished object. I'll carry on though.
I was very chuffed this week as I had a delivery on my run which necessitated my driving past Get Knitted. As the run was pretty quiet I had time to pull over and go in. I bought a new cable needle (can't find mine anywhere) and some Regia silk solid sock wool in Tigers colours. I fancy me some silk socks to wear at the rugby this winter to keep my tootsies nice and warm.