Monday, August 28, 2006

Swallowtail Shawl

The secret project is at a hiatus. I've finished the knitting and most of the finishing, but have decided it needs the addition of something else which I have yet to buy. This being the case I have started the Swallowtail Shawl from the fall issue of Interweave Knits.

This is the progress so far. Actually I've done more since I took the photo, I'm just about to start the seventh repeat of fourteen of the second chart. I'm not too sure what the yarn is that I'm using; it's something I got off ebay a while back and it's on a cone, so it's not a very portable project. Mainly I just wanted to try a proper lace project, something a bit more than just socks. (Suppose that the "I Do shrug" counts).

In the stash I have some laceweight merino and if this works out okay I may try the Icarus Shawl from the summer issue in that.

I've also been VERY BAD this week, more news on this to follow.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Ooh! I have been drooling over the swallowtail shawl - yours is looking great so far!

Ling said...

The shawl is looking fab!!

gabby said...

I like the look of this.

acrylik said...

The shawl is looking great so far. Whatever the secret project is that colour is amazng!

Mick said...

The shawl is looking really nice. I'm planning on doing this one sometime soon.