Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My day

At the weekend I finished the second side of my Fake-a-gamo and also the twiddly bits that hang off the bottom. Now all I have to do is make the handles, line it and put it together, which shouldn't take long.

Watch this space..........

In the meantime I thought I'd show you one of our customers.

This is the Living Green Centre at Bourton-on-the-Water in the Cotswolds. I do a delivery here most weeks, which is nice as if I can manage to get there on Tuesday Bourton is a great place to park up. I didn't manage it yesterday as I had a few extra deliveries in Bristol so couldn't get back up there in time, so I was there about eight o'clock this morning.
I arrived before the Centre opened so had a bit of a stroll round the green and took some pics. It's very scenic as you can see, a very popular tourist spot, but nice and quiet at that time in the morning.
I met a rather cute little chap, who consented to have his picture taken and let me make a fuss of him. I wanted to catnap him but he drew the line at that. SHAME!

When the Centre opened I did the delivery then took a few pics of their garden which is a demonstration of how to develop a sustainable and eco friendly organic garden. When they've finished developing the place the whole building will be an example of how the same can be done with an existing building. This is quite unusual (and useful) as most eco friendly houses are new builds, but most of the housing stock isn't.

They have a shop too (which is my reason for being there) and they sell all sorts of eco gizmos, local produce and organic and fair trade stuff.

If you're in the area it's well worth a visit.

2 comments:

Spinningsue said...

I love Bourton on the Water its such a pretty place. Your pics are lovely.

acrylik said...

That centre looks very interesting - what a beautiful place.