Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What I did on my Easter Holiday

No prizes for guessing where I spent the Easter weekend.

Yep, that's right. Saturday afternoon was spent in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff watching the Tigers go through to the finals of the EDF Cup.

We've been to matches in Cardiff a number of times before but this is the first time they've played the game with the roof open. It was great, much better than with it closed. The weather for our game was lovely if cold, but during the second game (Saracens v. Ospreys) it snowed some.

We didn't stay at the Hilton this year but at the Holiday Inn which was pretty good and the view from the window was spectacular.

It was a great weekend made even better by the fact that the Tigers won a game which I seriously thought they could lose. It was a hell of a game too, nip and tuck all the way.

I realise that I don't have a huge number of readers who are interested in rugby (well, I don't have a huge number of readers at all!) so here's a picture of my BFF socks which are coming on nicely. I'm still enjoying them hugely, and am getting on okay with the cables without a cable needle.

Yesterday we went to visit my other sister and went over to see how the sheep were getting on with lambing. Here are two who had got disowned by their mum. We brought them home to be bottle reared. I did some other stuff so if anyone asks me what I did on Easter Monday I can casually say "Oh, I helped castrate some lambs". I wasn't involved with the business end though, I just helped to hold them! I think both these two are girls.

I also waded through, how can I put this, ummm, cowshit to help feed the cattle. Luckily I'd been able to borrow a pair of wellingtons. I did smell a bit of sheep and pooh by the time I'd finished, but it makes a change.

2 comments:

TutleyMutley said...

I went to Cardiff Arms Park (premillenium stadium!) to see a rubgy match once (many moons ago when I was still at school): saw Barry John and Gareth Edwards play, IIR! and learnt a few new songs (and words) on the bus on the way home...

Socks are lookin' good.
Aw, poor little motherless lambs...

Shiggy, we call it shiggy.

gourdongirl said...

You have me who is interested in rugby as well as your knitting! tiggers played a great game, best rugby i'd seen in a while