Monday, April 17, 2006

competition and a good cause

On Kat knits site five place you have knitted. In my case

1. At Welford Road rugby ground, home of Leicester Tigers Rugby Club.


2. In my truck when parked up on an overnighter.

3. In the MAN dealership in Brum whilst waiting for my truck to be repaired.

4. At co-op meetings at work (and drivers meetings at work too)

5. Cafe Ollo in the mediacentre in Huddersfield (knit & natter second Thursday of the month 5-00pm to 7-00pm)

Last one's a bit of a cheat but I couldn't think of anywhere else.

On to the good cause.

Someone at work sent me this email

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meettheir quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle). This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising. Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

I've been and done it now you all can too. (i'm putting a link to it in my sidebar too so that you can go and do it every time you come to my blog!) cheers.

4 comments:

Woolly Wormhead said...

I'm in awe of your truck & knitting - one day I hope to post a photo like that meself ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanx for sharing the link to the breast cancer site :)

sal the spider said...

I'm a bit slow, didn't realise you drove for Suma. My friend and I order in bulk from them about 4/5 times a year. Bri overdoses on the natural glace cherries! If you ever do "our" delivery come in for a cuppa and a bit of sock knitting! :-)
Sal x

ra said...

I knew it was only a matter of time before a fellow knit blogger coughed to being a SUMA customer. Just waiting for one that I deliver to now.