Sunday, July 23, 2006

Final Pics

Of the shrug on me. I haven't sewn the ends in yet but I will get round to it. The main problem I have with the size is I'm not sure if it's tight enough round the body, having said that if it were a normal cardi I wouldn't expect it to be too figure hugging. At first I thought the sleeves were too long as well but now I feel okay about them, I think that with the shape of them it actually looks quite nice with them long.

The fabric loosened up nicely after a quick wizz through some soapy water and rinsing. While I was knitting it it felt quite stiff, but it's actually draping quite nicely now and feels quite soft.

I knitted it in some Rowan Tweedy stuff that I got at Stowe's of Sowerby for £1-00 a skein. It took two skeins and a bit (just over 200g). Used size 4.5mm circular bamboos and a set of 4.5mm bamboo DPNs to start it off on. The pattern was dead easy to follow (once I actually read it right) and quite quick once I got down to it. I liked knitting it.

8 comments:

KnitYoga said...

I think that's the first "I Do" I've seen in green. I'm very into green at the moment. I wouldn't worry about it being more figure hugging. I think it looks fine as is and the shade of green's very nice.

acrylik said...

It looks fantastic and I like the fit, no need to worry about that. I especially love the long, flared sleeves - excellent!

Anonymous said...

Like it!

I know someone who would wear it if you decide it's a wee bit big.

Mama Lamb said...

I love the flair at the bottom of the sleeve...nicely done!

Annie said...

It's wonderful - I keep looking at that pattern, thinking "Shall I? Shan't I?" You've convinced me.

Ling said...

It looks gorgeous! I think the fit looks fine. I really like the long, flared sleeves. A super job!

PURLPOWER said...

I think I'll add my name to the chorus of people telling you it fits just fine!

It really does look good. Wear it with pride.

Kath said...

It looks lovely and I love the flary sleeves even if I know they would be in every meal if I wore it!