My nephew in New Zealand sent me this link. Thanks Nikk.
And here's my latest WIP, it's the Fake-a-Gamo from Knitlit. I saw this pattern a while back and thought it looked like a fun knit so I weighed in the other weekend with some turquoise cotton from Texere Yarns which I had in the stash.
I've finished the first half and cast on for the second. It's not nearly as complicated to knit as it looks (and the cotton is easier than I anticipated) but there are a few minor errors (I think) in the pattern which I've managed to overcome. Of course the errors may be mine rather than Kate's but anyhoo.......
I'm knitting it on an aluminium 5mm circular, not 'cos it needs a circular needle but because they're more portable and I'm finding them easier than the larger straights as they have no ends to get caught on things and they weigh less. I'm thinking glossy black dowel handles rather than the bamboos in the original, I've got some dowel left over from when I made my homemade 15mm needles.