Sunday, December 04, 2005

GIGANTIC fuzzy feet

Hmm, and this is post felting .

This Rowanspun aran doesn't appear to felt too well, the French Market bag I made of it didn't shrink as much as I had hoped either. Put these through a complete 60 degree cycle with a pair of jeans and you can still see the individual stitches on them and they'd fit a camel (not the intended recipient of them!). I think I may put them in the preassure cooker and give them a good boiling and see what happens.




Kill or cure.













This is a picture of the other thing I bought at the Harrogate show. Couldn't post it before 'cos I bought it as a present for Ro, couldn't wait for Christmas though so I sent it to her straight away. Two bags of beautiful silk tops for her to incorporate into her spinning. She loves them!









This is a picture of the scarf and bag she made a while ago. She bought a skein of Maya cheap from Up Country, then found the fuzzy stuff (dunno what it's called) to tone with it. Lovely.










And finally....................
............ picture of Gracie being bad in my sink. Why is it that given a bowl of perfectly acceptable water, cats will innevitably choose instead to drink out of the toilet, washing up bowl or any other source of stagnant water? Is it the chlorine or flouride or whatever else they pollute our drinking water with?
God my kitchen looks a disgrace, in my defence:-
I did not choose the decoration, I bought the house looking like this and have done nothing about it.
The mark next to the sink is a stain which I have failed to remove despite many applications of bleach.
Haven't realy got an excuse for not having done the washing up except that, well it's a bit boring and there are many more interesting things to do.

Okay off to do some more cardi and boil my fuzzy feet. May be pictures later. Wish me luck.

No comments: