Wednesday, June 14, 2006

No knitting

I'm ashamed to admit that there has been NO PROGRESS AT ALL on the knitting since I last posted on SATURDAY.

Not a single stitch.

So I'm posting some pictures of Upton-On-Severn instead.

This is where I parked up last night, and what a beautiful evening it was. You wouldn't believe that a mere two hours or so earlier I'd hardly been able to see more than a couple of feet in front of the windscreen as I drove up the M5 out of Bristol.

Anyhow, there's a very nice car park as you can see (very reasonable £4.60 to park your truck overnight and a nice clean toilet block which you can't see 'cos it's behind the blue truck and the yellow truck). You will need your ear plugs as these boys pull out at the oddest times of the morning. I set my alarm for seven o'clock (yup, got to lie in today) and they'd all gone!

Took a stroll over the road and under the bridge to the Plough where I got a meal of pan seared tuna on a bed of salad with a side order of chips. Which was very tasty (if a bit too large, think the chips may have been an order too far).

Then strolled back to settle down for the night.

It would be nice to say that I get to look round the places that I park up, but I have to admit that I'm usually too tired to do more than wash and eat.

I did walk up into the town this morning to find an early morning cafe where I could get my thermos filled with hot water (and it would have been rude not to buy something so I forced myself to a bacon sarnie, on white bread half an inch thick, with ketchup! YUM!)

They're having a Jazz festival in Upton-On-Severn on the weekend of 24th & 25th June so if Jazz is your bag and you're in the area toddle on down there. it's a very nice little town. (Don't know if there's a wool shop though!)

On the way back up today I stopped at Stafford services on the M6 (northbound). It's great they have a BIG pond there with ducks and geese and moorhens. There was even a heron flew in whilst I was there.

I actually saw a goose being goosed. He was quietly sitting in the shallow water preening and a duck swam up behind him and poked him in the behind with her beak. He reacted in exactly the way a person would if it had been done to them. It was so funny! There were loads of gooselets too. All fluffy still 'though quite large. And they had these HUGE feet that they were having a bit of trouble keeping under control. Ace.

Unfortunately I'd left the camera in the truck and couldn't be arsed to walk back to the car park and get it, so no goose pics. Maybe next time.

Sorry there's no knitting.

No comments: