Thursday, February 09, 2006

Knit 'n natter

Okay yeah I prefer Stitch an' Bitch, but it was my first time so I didn't like to throw my weight about re. the name of the group.

Just attended my first meeting in Cafe Ollo at the Media Centre in Huddersfield and it was cool to meet a load of new people who want to knit too!!! I spread the word regarding the importance of a computer as a knitting tool, passing on information about Knitty and Magknits, blogs and on-line S.E.X. (Yep, down another £35 on the Getknitted site last night. SHAME!)

My Cherry Tree Hill supersock was almost universally admired and I nearly lost my completed Jaywalker to a fellow knitter who wanted to take it home with her! Grrrrr!

We even had a guest speaker from Dyed In The Wool, a (you'll never guess) wool dying company which lives here in Huddersfield.

So I'll probably go along again next month (every second Thursday in the month, for anyone out there who's interested).

2 comments:

TutleyMutley said...

Brilliant and inspiring! I've long been thinking about getting a stitch and bitch group together (DARE to stitch and bitch!) - and have been debating whether it was better to travel further and start one in nearest city or stay local (which is more convenient for me!). Went to the Devon Guild of Craftsment Centre which is 4 miles up road in Bovey Tracey - their teashoppe is fab and an ideal venue. So I mooted the idea to a waitress who gave me the manager's number and lo and behold another waitress came over and said she wanted to join in! So then there were two.

ra said...

Good on you. The one that I went to had been going for about a year and there were about ten or twelve people there, which I reckon is pretty good. Keep it convenient for you and I'mm sure others will join, and the cafe in a craft centre sounds like the ideal venue for picking up other interested parties.

Good luck