Friday, February 24, 2006

Secret Pal Parcel

Got in from work on Monday evening to find that the postman had been. Unfortunately he'd then gone away again, taking my parcel with him and leaving me a card saying that it was waiting for me at the sorting office!

As by the time the sorting office opened I was at Michaelwood services (southbound) just north of Bristol, and I didn't get back on Wednesday until after they had shut I had to wait until after work on Thursday to pick it up.

I'm not good at waiting for stuff, I don't do patience very well.

BUT it was worth waiting for. Luckily I car share and on Thursday I get a lift in to work so I was able to open the parcel STRAIGHT AWAY without waiting till I got home.

Ooooh, stuff!

These heart shaped wooden buttons (Don't look Ro*). They are well cute.

Three skeins of Rowanspun Chunky, two green and one sort of oatmealy colour (not as pink as in the picture). They go beautifully together so all I need now is a plan for what to make from it. Once again any suggestions gratefully considered.

ALSO a keyring in the shape of a wheel. I like that a lot, reference to my career as a driver. I was even more impressed when I realised that it was an alarm clock too. Useful n'est pas?

ALSO some scrummy looking Aloe hand and body lotion. Just right for a spot of post run pampering. I tend to get a bit scabby and dehydrated when driving, that salt they put on the roads is manky and it gets all over you when you open and close the curtains on the truck. I usually get back looking like a particularly grubby refugee.

Last, but by no means least a set of five Addi bamboo DPNs with two rather startled looking teddies as point protectors (well you would look like that too under the circumstances I suspect!) and a card saying "hello". Those Addis are fantastic, I've knitted with bamboos (Clapotis), but they were cheapo ones that came free with Simply Knitting, these are just so smoooooooth, they are lovely. Can't wait to try them out.

Another winner from my secret pal.
Thank you sooooo much!


* Ro has a bit of a phobia about buttons, strange but true. She's okay with them on garments but en masse they make her go gleppy! I'm not sure if three constitute en masse but thought I'd better post a health warning.

2 comments:

Sharon J said...

I love the buttons. Your friend wouldn't like my bedroom - I have bags and jars of buttons! I'll never use them all, but can't bring myself to get rid of any.

~Sharon

Woolly Wormhead said...

A phobia about buttons? Wonder what the technical lingo is for that...

Lucky lady, great haul from your SP.