Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So many posts in a single week

I just got back from shopping and I saw these and had to buy them (no not the eggs). They're just so cute and they remind me of the brightly coloured plastic cups and saucers etc. that we used to have when we were little.

I was a bit surprised when I took them out of the packet and found that instead of being rigid plastic they were rubbery and bendy. Well cool though!

Roofer's just been round to tell me he'll start on my roof next week. There was a bit of a mix up. I thought we'd arranged for him to start this week, but apparently the last time I spoke to him I said that I'd have to start saving up, so he thought the job was on hold. Luckily I rang him on Monday or neither of us would have been any the wiser.

I have no idea what I said to him the last time we spoke as he (rather foolishly) rang me at nine thirty on a Tuesday evening at which time (as my regular readers will know) I am tucked up in my duvet having worked a fifteen hour day which starts at three in the morning. Scared the life out of me when my mobile went off as I was fast asleep! He wasn't to know though.

Anyhoo, whole thing now sorted and roof will be off next week (gulp), hope the weather's improved by then!

Things seem to be getting back to normal and luckily the M1 has re-opened this morning after being closed all day yesterday due to the threat of inundation should the Ulley reservoir dam burst. I hope that all the SUMA drivers made it home last night from the Monday/Tuesday runs, most of them come back up the M1 so god knows how they managed. Imagine that the Sheffield run was something of a washout on Monday too.

I say luckily because Ro is driving up today, she'll be coming up the motorway and we don't want anything to stand in the way of our setting out tomorrow for Cumbria. Woolfest here we come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And to think I'm giving up the life down under for good old English summers!!!

Caroline said...

M1 open? Pah! Not when I tried to drive up it at 6pm last night! Annoyingly the news said it was open in both directions but the local travel made it clear that it was only open southbound so I had to take the scenic route over the High Peak - which was lovely but a bit long.

Artis-Anne said...

So lovely to meet up with you at Woolfest . Great to put a face to the name:) Hope you had a great time there, we certainly did but I was to tired and spent up to do the second day :(