Saturday, November 19, 2005

a grand day out

Ro came up to visit this weekend and last night we went to see the Tigers play Sale in Stockport. Unfortunately the Tigers were beaten (they don't play well on Friday nights.)
Today we went over to Addingham to the Fabric Colour Workshop. We stopped off at Denholm Velvets on the way over which has a factory shop and Ro got some groovy velvet offcuts to make stuff with.
We continued on to Addingham and found the shop on the Townend Trading Estate (Next to Beanstalk Wholefoods which I used to deliver to). Elizabeth Selman owns the shop which stocks yarns, fabrics, silk painting stuff and other craft materials. Her husband Ashley imports Adriafil yarns and so that is what the shop stocks on the knitting front. They also run a series of workshops on silkpainting,embroidery, things to do witha meter of fleece etc.
Within seconds of walking through the door we were made very welcome and we even got a free demonstration of finger knitting.
I explained that I hadn't really got anything in mind so probably wouldn't buy anything, just looking to see what they had (yeah right).
I walked out with about seventeen quids worth of yarn to turn into finger knitted scarfs as pressies (pictures to follow). Ro bought some yarn to make a Moebus Scarf as she was so impressed with the two I'd made already.
The place is well worth a visit if you're in West Yorkshire, and the yarn is lovely. I don't know how widely available it is in this country, but I don't think I'd come across it before. I'm also told that you can download Adriafil patterns for free from their website but haven't looked yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

R.I.P