Sunday, October 09, 2005

Busy Weekend


Well I'm back from Ro's (my sister). We've had rather a busy weekend. On Friday night we went to a quiz in aid of the British Heart Foundation which was being held at our local rival
rugby team, Northampton Saints (we are both Leicester Tigers supporters, though my older sister Ann is a Saintanist). We were meeting Ann there, but she was late. We walked in to the bar full of Saints supporters with Ro in a Tigers shirt and me carrying a cuddly Tiger. Everyone was lovely though and we were greeted very warmly despite a few comments!!! We didn't win the quiz, but we had a good night, made some new friends and most importantly helped raise a fair amount of money for a very good cause.

Saturday we went to watch the Tigers play Worcester in the Powergen cup. Despite the pouring rain we had a good time and the Tigers won a convincing victory. Ro wrote a match report for the fans website (she had a bit of trouble keeping her notepad dry). Then we went back to her house and watched the Saints winning their game gainst Newport Dragons on the telly. We followed this up with a Chinese takeaway from her local pub. Yummy.

In amongst all this I did manage to get a small amount of knitting done. I've cast on for my cardigan. There's a picture of my progress so far and the pattern, I'm doing the plain one. The yarn is lovely to handle, very soft, and knits up nicely. I'm doing the main body of the cardigan in dark gray and the ribbing and button bands in black. I think it will look rather smart. Haven't decided on the buttons yet. Ro suggested scottie dogs but I think (hope) she was joking.

Ro's fed up 'cos she was bidding on a spinning wheel on ebay but she didn't win it. never mind, better luck next time. It's a few years since she has done any spinning, but I'm looking forward to it 'cos it means I won't have to buy wool for knitting any more!! Ha Ha.

Anyway gotta go an buy some food now as I won't have time later in the week so that's all folks.

No comments: